Wednesday 23 January 2019

Tax needn't be taxing (and snow)

There was some UK advert that encouraged you to do your tax return with this slogan. It was clearly nonsense as it is always v taxing finding all the stupid bits of paper that are needed!
I just went on a course to attempt to understand some of the French tax system and how it relates to renting property as we are buying a second local property to rent out and there are many many different ways you can declare for tax resulting in wildly differing tax burdens. It was very very interesting and made quite a few things a lot clearer to me - not just about tax but about how some things work generally and how French people view things.
I left Doug in La Mongie for 2 days while I was on the course and over those two days the snow finally decided to come. So much snow, that Doug was stuck in La Mongie and I was stuck in Bagnères. He had one day of wild storms and then a day of nice quiet skiing, not much open, but no-one who wasn't already in the resort could get there.
A dream for him! But I didn't regret missing the day as I am so excited about the various things that are more clear to me now!


The road was still quite snowy when they opened it!

No comments:

Post a Comment