Thursday 11 May 2017

Fixed the oven door

The handle fell off and it is screwed on to the door from inside so the door had to come apart (you can also clean the layers of glass inside while you are at it. I thought I could open it up by undoing two obvious screws on the front, but you need to NOT remove them as they hold the hinges on. Instead you want to take the whole door off so, I watched several youtube videos on how to do this. It seem that all (most at least) oven doors work the same so I didn't have to find the exact make and model thankfully as it is very old.
Here is the really grotty bit of glass out of the middle. I cleaned it all inside which was useful too - and good to know for the future as I have always vaguely wondered how to do it (but not enough to actually find out)

Beautiful. What a lovely well attached handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment