Thursday 3 September 2015

Still waiting

Due date calculation is very imprecise and there are various theories. It was 9 months two days ago. We could be playing this watching game for some time still. I am far from expert, but I wouldn't think it is still weeks... Buttercup took nearly 10 days after I was convinced it was going to be any moment - although at that point I hadn't understood where pins are or what they look like when they have 'gone', now I think I do somewhat at least...

Udder is a bit bigger. Teats are not wrinkly, but I wouldn't call them 'strutted' either (which is where they stick out sideways because everything is so full)


Pins going but not gone? When I felt when she first stood up I couldn't feel the ligament at all, but after she walked around some it seemed to appear a bit...

I thought when she first stood up she was pushing as she stuck her tail out and arched her back, but I think she was just stretching after a good nights sleep. She is holding her tail high aome of the time.

Just before they give birth the 'baby bump' out the right hand side is meant to disappear as the calf moves in to the birth canal. I can't really tell what is happening with that though as it seems to change a lot depending on the size of her rumen (which is more to the left)



No comments:

Post a Comment